*** Please RSVP for this meeting by 5 pm on February 7 ***
Luncheon – Thursday, February 13, 11:15am – 1:00pm
Location – Denver Marriott West – 1717 Denver West Marriott Blvd, Golden, CO 80401 – Please note the location change for this meeting
Cost: ABA Member $20.00, includes meal (Non-member is $25)
Speaker: Kimra Perkins, General Manager of Colorado Mills & Denver West Village
Topic: Leading Through Adversity: Working on Good, or How to Be Happy After a Hail Storm
5-Minute Spotlight & Door Prize: Janice Holmes, Payroll Vault
IMPORTANT – please read:
- If you are a member, you must be logged into your account by clicking on the yellow “Member Login” button on the right to get a member pricing. If you are a sponsor and are using your meeting voucher, please login to apply your voucher.
- Guests are welcome! If you are new to ABA, we’ll even buy your lunch for the first time. Guests may visit our meetings up to 2 times before they join the ABA (Must purchase ticket the 2nd time for $25).
- The deadline to RSVP for meetings is 5pm on Friday before the meeting date. If you RSVP after that time, we can not guarantee your seat.
- If a member (includes sponsor with vouchers) shows up without RSVP, they will be charged $25 instead of member pricing. We would like to be considerate of our caterer. We appreciate your cooperation. Due to increase in attendance, this does not guarantee your seat.
- Special meal options are for (1) Dairy Free, (2) Gluten Free, (3) Vegetarian/Vegan. You must RSVP with your choice out of these 3 prior to the RSVP deadline. Day-of requests will not be honored as we need to let the caterer know days in advance. Those who RSVP with special request will receive a “Special Meal” card. You will need to present it to receive your special meal. This applies to all of your guests. Thank you for your help with volunteers to coordinate this.
Speaker – Kimra Perkins, General Manager of Colorado Mills & Denver West Village
Kimra Perkins serves as the general manager for Colorado Mills and Denver West Village, a super-regional shopping center district located in a western suburb of Denver. She is also the president of a Lakewood, Colorado metropolitan district. In addition, Kimra is certified to teach leadership, project management and performance improvement courses, including 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Kimra received a masters in business administration from Colorado State University and her undergraduate degree in English from the University of Utah. She also earned a masters of divinity from Denver Seminary.
Kimra is an active member of Rotary International, a global humanitarian service organization committed to improving the health, education, economic sustainability and social well-being of all people. She is a past president of The Rotary Club of Evergreen, served as a Group Study Exchange team leader to four countries in East Africa and remains committed to supporting Rotary’s local and international leadership conferences for young adults (RYLA). Kimra also serves as an associate pastor and hospice chaplain in the faith community.
Originally from Boise, Idaho, Kimra enjoys writing poetry, talking about all things Star Trek related and improving her kazoo band song list. Kimra and her husband live in Evergreen, Colorado. They enjoy hiking, skiing and traveling.
5-Minute Spotlight Speaker: Janice Holmes, Payroll Vault
A native of West Texas and child (one of five) of two amazing parents—a Methodist minister and a teacher, Janice Holmes moved to Colorado immediately upon graduation from Texas Tech University, in order to pursue her love of the Rocky Mountains. She’s been pleased to use her education and customer service skills in serving small business clients. She strives to connect people she meets with others who either enhance or complement their respective business and services.
In the recent past, Janice has worked in advertising sales and copywriting, business development for three local Chambers of Commerce, and fund-raising for various charities as well as the Foothills Recreation District. In early 2019, she happily landed at Payroll Vault. Janice lives in Littleton with her husband Dave and has 2 children, Emma and Nick, dogs Fraser and Belle, and cat Mele. She is happiest while spending time with her family and pets, distance running, pursuing outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing, baking, watching the Colorado Rockies, and exploring Colorado’s intriguing history.