We will be meeting in-person at Denver Marriott West. Please read the details below as we made some adjustments to meet the Social Distancing criteria.
*** Please RSVP for this meeting by 5 pm on October 2 ***
Luncheon – Thursday, October 8, 11:15am – 1:00pm
Denver Marriott West – 1717 Denver West Marriott Blvd, Golden, CO 80401
Cost: ABA Member $20.00, includes meal (Non-member is $25)
Speaker: Matthew Durkin, Chief Deputy District Attorney with the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
Topic: “COVID-19 Impact on Public Safety in Jefferson County”
5-Minute Spotlight & Door Prize: Stephanie Walter, Erbe Investment Group
IMPORTANT – NEW INFORMATION – please read:
- This is a pre-paid only meeting. Please register by 5pm on October 2. We are capping this meeting at 84 people. If you register late and we exceeded the capped number, you may be asked to move your registration to next month.
- By registering and paying for this meeting you agree to the following:
– I will wear mask and will adhere to the social distancing recommendations from CDPHE to respect others.
– I agree to not attend this meeting, even though I registered and paid in advance, if I am not feeling well, show any sign of illness, or know that I may have recently exposed.
- If you are a member, you must be logged into your account by clicking on the yellow “Member Login” button on the right to get a member pricing. If you are a sponsor and are using your meeting voucher, please login to apply your voucher.
- Guests are welcome! If you are new to ABA, we’ll even buy your lunch for the first time. Guests may visit our meetings up to 2 times before they join the ABA (Must purchase ticket the 2nd time for $25). All guests must be pre-registered and no walk-ins are allowed.
- The deadline to RSVP for meetings is 5pm on Friday before the meeting date. If you RSVP after that time, we can not guarantee your seat.
- If a member (includes sponsor with vouchers) shows up without RSVP, they will be turned away due to COVID-19 precautions.
Speaker – Matthew Durkin, Chief Deputy District Attorney with the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
Matthew has served in the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office for most of his career where he currently serves as a Chief District Attorney. Matthew began in the office as an intern in 1996 and has served as a Deputy District Attorney in County Court, Juvenile Court and District Court. Matthew was assigned to major cases, crimes against children, and he prosecuted drug trafficking organizations with the West Metro Drug Task Force.
Between 2011 – 2015, Matthew was a prosecutor in the Colorado Attorney General’s Office where he prosecuted homicides all over Colorado, including Las Animas, Huerfano, Costillo, Conejos, Gunnison and Hinsdale Counties. Matthew also led the Criminal Justice Section as a Deputy Attorney General where he was responsible for management, budget, and represented the Attorney General in legislative and policy issues.